Saturday, March 1, 2014

3/8 Through

     I've been a little delinquint on updates as of late. DH and I have been doing hundreds of pages of foster training homework. We're on book 3 of 6, and had the third of eight classes the other night. By Wednesday, we will have turned in all our consent forms for multiple background and list/record checks, and we'll be fingerprinted. We are rather fond of the group of foster parents in training with us, they are a wonderful and animated group of couples. We all have no problems asking our social workers and supervisor both hard and hilarious questions.

     One thing we've been asked to question in the process of becoming foster parents if whether or not we will just apply for foster status or if we will dual apply for fostering and adoption, in case we were to adopt in the future, it would save us some time and paperwork then. I've always known I wanted to foster and adopt, and fostering now would be such an incredible blessing, but I feel that we are already stepping out in faith and I am afriad applying to adopt too would tip the scale and I'll fall on my face. Crazy, irrational fear? Maybe. DH thinks so, but I just can't help the uneasy feeling in my stomach. So, right now we are just applying to foster, but we are staying open minded to all the possibilities God may have for us in the future.

These verses especially touched my heart this week, as I was in the Word -> Isaiah 43:4-7 (ESV)


4 Because you are precious in my eyes,
and honored, and I love you,
I give men in return for you,
people in exchange for your life.
5 Fear not, for I am with you;
I will bring your offspring from the east,
and from the west I will gather you.
6 I will say to the north, Give up,
and to the south, Do not withhold;
bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the end of the earth,
7 everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made.”

What a wonderful God we serve!